Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Tony's Fluffburger

Lately, local eatery Tony's Lunch was the focus of a story on local news channel WNEP-16.  Apparently the local ABC affiliate has been doing a series of "strange food" pieces, which included the Tony's Lunch menu item the "Fluffburger".

Click here to watch and read the story.


I've had the Fluffburger more than once.  Judging on my previous review of Tony's, you all know that I absolutely love the place and adore the food.  Tony's really is a culture all its own, and to be honest, I prefer the "classic" Girardville location to the new Bloomsburg one (though both are good).  That has to do more with me being a traditionalist than anything else.  The Bloomsburg location serves fine food, but there's just something about the G-Ville location that gives, in my opinion, a more authentic experience.  Also, if you want to meet some authentic Coal Crackers, G-Ville is your best bet.

Still, the Bloomsburg location is open for more "regular" hours, so your mileage may vary.  At either place you are going to get a good, homestyle hamburger patty that's miles ahead of anything else in the area.

Anyway, I've had the Fluffburger at both.  And to be honest, I never got it.  It has a decent mix of sweet and spicy, I'll give it that.  If you are less of a spice-a-holic, the Fluffburger might actually be more your speed.

To me, the classic taste of sauce, cheese, and butter is where it's at.  That's what defines Tony's for me.  I do have the Fluffburger  very occasionally when I am in the mood for something different, but I also always order a screamer right alongside.

It's worth noting that the M.C. Coney in Mt. Carmel also has a Fluffburger.  It's a pale imitation, if you ask me.  Their sauce is more run of the mill spicy sauce.  I eat there from time to time, and the food is good, but it's not Tony's.

On the whole, good to see Tony's getting some coverage.  I know the Bloomsburg location had to deal with the struggle of the massive flood that hit the area back in September of last year, but it seems like they are doing well.  It should be a great fit in a college town.  If it were *me* doing the story, however, I'd point out the classic taste of the screamer and not focus so much on the Fluffburger.  I guess the regular screamer isn't enough of a "bizarre" thing for them, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment